Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 8 ~ Pagosa Springs, CO to Fort Garland, CO


Today's ride was "epic" climbing the highest peak = 10,864 ft. They made it...not with smiling faces as I imagined they would look once they got to the top but hey...it must have been exhausting. We are all so proud of you guys, what a challenge you have conquered.








Hooter, I know there is a message I'm supposed to post specifically for you today but I can't quite remember what it was and I didn't get to talk too much to Brent. Something about him telling you that he would be able to do it with some gear or chain. Obviously words coming from a non-biker. He'll be so disappointed that I botched this up, but Hooter, you should know exactly what I'm trying to say. Feel free to leave a comment explaining to the other readers.

Here they are at the Continental Divide.




One picture showing the beauty they are riding through. Today was a hard day, apparently hot too. They were extremely tired but they did finish on schedule arriving in Fort Garland after riding 115 miles.

Miles ridden today: 115
Total to date: 933

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=163443

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding me?! that's some crazy climbing for one day over that distance. i'm in awe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I were there with ya. I am sure the picture does no justice to the sights you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete