Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 17 ~ Washington, MO to Dorsey, IL

Today was a short day mile-wise. Was only supposed to be about 75 miles to Alton, IL but Brent decided to ride a bit further to break up the miles on Wednesday. He rode to Dorsey today with a bit of a drizzle on and off which kept the heat down. Also, Brent wanted me to mention all the dead frogs along the road. Weird sites I tell ya!
Brent's major excitement today was that for the first time this whole trip he got ran off the road by a garbage truck, straight into the ditch. He's OK and his bike was OK too!
Spending the evening again with family at the hotel. Tomorrow is the big day. It's a rest day so in the morning they are all going to meet Dr. Marsh. After that, the girls will head back home and the boys will continue on bike route.

My mom says Brent looks so great! Not even exhausted. All I know is that the kids and I can't wait to finally see him and hug him!

Miles ridden today: 88
Total to date: 1914

1 comment: