Monday, June 14, 2010

9 Training Weeks to go!

Many of you are following along on Facebook, but for those of you who cannot, I thought I better start catching the blog up to speed.

The official day of departure is the morning of Saturday August 14th from the parking lot of Laces Running Store (in the Vons Shopping Center) in Scripps Poway. Everyone is invited for the send-off!

The beginning cities I am planning to stop along the way are:
Brawley
Parker, AZ
Yarnell
Flagstaff, AZ
Kayenta
Cortz, CO
Pagosa Springs, CO
Fort Garland
Las Animas
Garden City, KS
Pratt
Eureka, KS
El Dorado Springs, MO
Eldon, MO
Washington, MO
Alton, MO
From St. Louis, MO to Milwaukee still to be determined!
The planned arrival date to Milwaukee is September 4th.

The president of Beckwith-Wiedemann Childrens Foundation is working on finding families along the route to meet up with.
She and I also plan to meet up with some of the doctors in St. Louis who do the majority of surgeries children with BWS might need.

The support crew is in place (LARGELY thanks to my best friend Dan). Without him, all of this would not be possible.
Regan and her parents plan to meet me in St. Louis as well, to meet with Dr. Marsh and they will help to be my support crew back to Milwaukee from there.

Everything is all coming together nicely.
We still need everyones help and support to purchase T-Shirts and make donations to the foundation.

Please contact me if you would like to help!

Thank you also to everyone who has supported the ride already!

No comments:

Post a Comment